Offshore Renewables Chief Offshore Ocean Engineer within the Operations area of business is responsible for leading hydrodynamics engineering analysis and design work for various offshore renewable projects involving fixed and floating structures.
Our scope of services for hydrodynamics engineering activities covers the following:
- Concept, FEED and detailed hydrodynamics design
- Modeling of structures in hydrodynamics software
- Analysis according offshore standards
- Special Model developments
This is an opportunity to join our growing team based at our Head Offices in Nantes working with other talented engineers on Concept, FEED and detailed design of major offshore projects.
As Chief Offshore Ocean Engineer you have the responsibility of our Technical Consultancy projects in hydrodynamics engineering including the following tasks:
- Supervision of hydrodynamics engineering consultancy works for offshore renewables structures in the fields of Wave & Tidal, Offshore fixed and floating Wind
- Providing technical guidance and ensuring the provision of efficient high quality hydrodynamics engineering across projects for:
- Modeling of structures in hydrodynamics software tools
- Offshore standards compliance
- Writing and Review of Specifications, Calculation notes, Analysis Reports, Deliverables
- Approving Teams Technical reports
- Technical assistance to Clients
- Clients continuous interface and reporting
- Ensuring the provision of efficient high quality structural engineering
- Project and team management
Suitable candidates will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Degree in engineering (Naval architecture, Ocean, Mechanical or Marine)
- Relevant experience in offshore hydrodynamics engineering
- Experience with application of hydrodynamics software tools for loads assessments eg. AQWA, Orcaflex, ARIANE, WAMIT, MOSES, HydroStar etc.
- Project management experience
- Supervision of more junior engineers
Additional skills required:
Self-motivating, reliable, consistent and mature approach to work
- Able to work independently and in teams Self-motivated with a drive for results, improvement and innovation
- Good communication skills
- Fluency in English (written and spoken), French is an asset
We offer candidates with a portfolio of training and development schemes designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and Benefits
A package will be defined upon your profile and experience.